USA Softball of Indiana is a not-for-profit 501(c)(4) corporation and is chartered by the Secretary of the State of Indiana.
The purpose of USA Softball of Indiana, shall be to develop, direct and promote the sport of softball to ensure maximum participation, optimal performance and educational excellence.
The objectives of USA Softball of Indiana shall be:
- To promote amateur softball for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry.
- To establish uniform softball rules and regulations.
- To encourage amateur softball to be conducted in accordance with the spirit of true sportsmanship and establish principles for ethical behavior and matters relating to conflict of interest as provided by the State Commissioner and Executive Board.
- To encourage the union of all eligible teams, organizations or groups into such separate associations with active membership in USA Softball of Indiana as may from time to time be deemed best adapted to advance the cause of amateur softball.
- To establish and maintain by memberships, alliances with non-profit associations or organizations devoted wholly or partially to the promotion and development of the game of softball on a state level.
- To promote and conduct annual amateur softball championships.
- To educate and train in the proper skills of amateur softball play and rules of the game through promoting, organizing, and conducting clinics, seminars and training courses.
It shall be the responsibility of each member of USA Softball of Indiana to strive to fulfill the goals of USA Softball of Indiana and to promote the sport of softball. At a minimum, each member of USA Softball of Indiana:
- Shall follow the rules and regulations of USA Softball of Indiana as established by the ASA Code, Playing Rules, and USA Softball of Indiana Bylaws and Constitution.
- Shall support USA Softball of Indiana’s programs that promote the sport of softball and educate players, coaches, officials, volunteers and the public about the game.
- Shall act at all times with the utmost civility and sportsmanlike conduct, promoting wholesome, safe competition.
- Shall strive to provide programs that encompass fairness to the participants and promote fair play and sportsmanship.
- Shall take seriously their responsibility as a role model and encourage competitiveness in a positive manner.
The object of this publication is to benefit registered teams, players, coaches, managers, umpires, sponsors and fans of USA Softball of Indiana. This publication contains specific information concerning conditions and benefits of membership; organization of teams and tournaments; and classification of teams and players for USA Softball Championship tournament play in the State of Indiana.
USA Softball of Indiana follows the Code of USA Softball. USA Softball has been proclaimed the sole national governing body of amateur softball in the United States. The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) through the Amateur Sports Act, which was passed by the United States Congress in 1978, did this.